Thursday, April 11, 2013

TLT Lookbook: Maxi Skirt (pt1)


Hello again! Welcome to another edition of the TLT Lookbook! In this post I will breakdown (3) ways to style this simple tan maxi skirt from Forever 21! Now, there are so many ways to wear this skirt, so this lookbook will be broken into 2 parts! 

Have a look at the TLT Lookbook: Maxi Skirt (pt1):

I purchased my maxi some time ago from XXI, but this one is very similar in style. It is a simple chiffon maxi skirt, priced at $17.80 and comes in navy, a teal green, and pink.

Now, XXI has a TON of different styles, colors and fabrics of maxi skirts, so pop into your nearest one and try on them all to find one you like best! 

All of them are pretty affordable and hold up nicely. I've had mine over a year and am not experiencing any fraying or tearing at all.

Now, onto the looks!




Look 1: Back to Basics

Now, I like to wear my maxi skirts at my hips so it's floor length. You can wear yours like this, or up on your waist like the one pictured above. I will cover the high-waisted look in part 2 of this lookbook. You can't see my feet, but you could pair this with some simple sandles, boots or flats!

- My basic grey tee is from XXI (similar) for around $5.80 
- My belt is from Buckle (similar) for around $9.95
- Add your favorite pendant necklace and you're set!

Look 2: A Little Country

For this look, I wanted to keep it simple with a little country. The details in the bird earrings, tarnished bangle and flower collar keep it light and the boots add the country feeling I was going for. Perfect for a night of line-dancing!

- I'm wearing my favorite boots from Journey's (exact) for $59.99
- Button-up from Old Navy (similar) for $22.50
- Cinched with a braided belt from XXI (exact) for $4.80

Look 3: For those about to rock

(There's that hat again!) One of my favorite things is bumming it one of my husbands old, soft, worn-out tees. Now a new favorite is wearing those shirts with this maxi skirt. I love the contrast between the dressy and casual, especially adding the Chucks into the mix. Cinch it, pair it with a statement necklace and your favorite shoes, and you're ready!

- Blazer from Target (similar) for $34.99
- Hat from XXI (similar) for $12.99
- Chucks from Journeys (exact) for $49.99
- Belt from Buckle (similar) for $12.95
So, that wraps up part one of the Maxi Skirt lookbook! Stay tuned for part two, lot's more looks to be had! Also, tried out a new shooting spot, what do you guys think? Better than the front door or handmade backdrop right? 



Be sure to check out our other lookbooks!

FYI - Went into a Whole Foods for the first time today. Mind = blown. We have a Basic Foods in town, but it is nothing compared to WF. Sadly I was about 2 1/2 hours away for a doctors appointment, so I won't be going there often. Plus side, I got some amazing goat cheese soap! Can't wait to use it!


Photobombed by Harley!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog! It means a lot. If you have a blog, leave us the URL and we will check it out and probably even follow you! But please don't spam!
Thanks!