Saturday, April 20, 2013

Recipe: Nutella & Banana Cookies

I started an album on my personal Facebook called "Baking Adventures" a while back and thought it might be a good idea to get some of those recipes over to the blog, and start posting new ones as well.  

I'll go ahead and start with these Banana Nutella cookies! I love love love Nutella, like borderline being on an Intervention episode. 

Here's the recipe and what I though about it. ;)

*Disclaimer: This recipe calls for oats, I did not have any on hand and the weather had me too lazy to go and get some haha.

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup shortening
2 large ripe mashed bananas
1 egg
4 tbsp Nutella
1 3/4 cup oats*


-Sift flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. 
-Cut in shortening. 
-Beat in mashed bananas and egg. 
-Mix in oats. 
-"Slice" the Nutella into the batter, I did this by dropping 4 tbsp randomly into the bowl and swirling it like a marble cake. The consistency is more like a drop cookie. 
-I spooned 1 1/2 tbsp per cookie onto a greased baking sheet. 
-Bake for 8-10 minutes at 400 degrees.

Verdict: (6/10) I have to say i was VERY excited to make these cookies, given my current obsession with Nutella. The finished product was more like a bread and the texture was really lacking. I feel like the oats would have pulled it all together and really impacted the flavor and consistency of the baked cookie. The banana flavor was not as defined as i was anticipating and I will probably ad in a tsp of banana extract next time. Overall I was a little disappointed with these cookies but will be making them again soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog! It means a lot. If you have a blog, leave us the URL and we will check it out and probably even follow you! But please don't spam!
Thanks!