Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines Day Style: Polyvore Edition!

So, valentines day completely sneaked up on me! (I thought today was the 12th?) Ha! Anyways, I know this post is going to be a little close to Valentines day, but I went through the trouble of creating these Polyvore looks. Maybe there will still be enough time when you all go on your Valentines dates this weekend?! :)

So, here we go with look #1 - Red Hot Love
I wanted to really incorporate red, since it is the ultimate valentine color. The super cute polka-dot dress really caught my eye and I built the rest of the outfit around it. I am a sucker for a blazer. It can really balance out a soft maxi-skirt or bring together a tailored business look.


Red Hot Love



Onto look #2 - Make Me Blush
I really like soft looks, so I wanted to created a muted look for those who prefer a less  obvious fashion approach to the holiday of love. The piece that caught my eye was, of course, that amazing black floral body suit. I. Adore. Bodysuits! Since the bodice was so structured, with a lot of print going on, I went with a solid skirt and of course, a blazer! I added a few details like the bag and earrings to give the look some edge.

Make Me Blush





If you want to show your Valentines spirit in a more subtle way, you could always search Tumblr for the latest "heart nail" trend. I'm not quite steady handed enough to draw so neatly on my nails, but there are some really cute ideas out there! (images courtesy of Tumblr)



There are lots of ways to get into the spirit of Valentines day! My husband and I will be having a low-key day, working. We will be spending the weekend treating our son to a day out on the town for his 4th birthday. Museums and aquariums galore! 

Any special Valentines day plans for you?! Hope it's a great one!
          




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog! It means a lot. If you have a blog, leave us the URL and we will check it out and probably even follow you! But please don't spam!
Thanks!