Sunday, February 24, 2013

6 Sick Day Essentials

Like most people, I despise being sick. It interferes with, well, everything. On Thursday I had to leave work because I was feeling so badly that I actually threw up! (yuck!) I went to the minor care clinic and was diagnosed with Bronchitis. (boo!) I don't usually take medicine unless its an absolute emergency or prescribed by a doctor. 

I've never had Bronchitis, and I hope we never meet again. The past few days have been a haze of sleeping, coughing, sneezing, rinse and repeat. According to the doctor, fever dizziness and nausea are symptoms of the big B as well, check check and check.

Tonight I am feeling better and have lost almost all the symptoms except this persistent cough. Looking back on the past few days made me realize the things I reach for or purchase most when I'm feeling under the weather, so I thought I'd share my Sick-Day Essentials list with you all!

1.Vicks Vapor Rub (Lemon)
I love Vicks Vapor Rub. The smell is so relaxing and warm and has gotten me steadily through the pollen-filled seasonal changes. So, imagine my despair when I figured out I had none. When dropping off my prescription I picked up a bottle and when I got it home it was Lemon scented. I wasn't sure about it at first, but it's a new favorite!

2.Puffs + Vicks
My love affair with all things Vicks continues. I actually didn't know these little slices of lemon pie existed until a few months ago, but we keep a box constantly in the house now. It gives you the same general effect as the rub, without the extra mess!

3.Aquaphor Healing Ointment
You will hear me praise and praise this little miracle. You can get this in pack of 2 little tubes. I stock up on these and keep one stashed almost everywhere, even at work. They work miracles on my chapped lips but when I'm sick they do double duty on those dry patches around my nose.

4.Burts Bee's Honey Throat Lozenge
I don't like the severe menthol throat lozenge. These are soothing and sweet and because they are burts bee's, all natural! They are the perfect blend of menthol and eucalyptus! 

5.Chamomile Tea
I love hot tea. But, when I'm feeling under the weather, there's nothing like a hot cup of chamomile tea with a swirl of honey!

6.Guilty pleasure tv show or movie.
Okay, I'm almost ashamed to admit this, but that's why they call it a guilty pleasure. Right? 
I love TV. It's a borderline obsession. Helping me pass the time these past few days were the (mostly) lovely ladies on Wisteria Lane. That's right, I'm a closet Desperate Housewife! Ah! I got through season 4 about a year ago and was finally able to pick it up again.

If I've learned one thing through the past few sick days, it's that i need Mary Alice Young narrating my life.

So, what are some of your go-to products when feeling under the weather? Do you like to take medicine or try and let your body sort things out? 

Hope that you all have a great week and I look forward to getting over this bug and back on track with some fashion and beauty posts for you! Plus, some potentially exciting news about my first ever Vlog for you all! Any advice on that?

-Jessica
Follow us on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog! It means a lot. If you have a blog, leave us the URL and we will check it out and probably even follow you! But please don't spam!
Thanks!