Sunday, August 18, 2013

Ipsy Glam Bag Review: "Glamour Academy"

If this is your first time on our blog, WELCOME, and you should know that I ADORE the Ipsy Glam Bag Subscription service. If you've been here before, just skip on down to the overview and welcome back! 

Ipsy was founded by YouTube guru, Michelle Phan. Once you sign up, you take a beauty quiz, and each month Michelle and her stylists select products for you to enjoy! It's that simple!

The best part? It's only $10.00 a month! $10.00!!!!

So, read on ahead and if you feel like Ipsy is something you'd like to try, there will be links with information at the bottom for you!
Now, onto the review...





This is the second Pacifica Item that I've received in a Glam Bag. The first was the Pacifica Bronzing Butter from my May Glam Bag: "Spring Fling"

I think my face is just, opposed, to BB creams. It seems like everyone that I try, just beads up on my skin and I have to wash it off. This BB cream, however, melted into my skin quite nicely. The color was a little yellowish despite the "shade matching technology" for my taste, but would have been just fine in a pinch. 

My main concern was the shimmer it had. It seems like it would be a nice summery cheek highlight instead, and I plan on trying it out as such.




























This is also the second MICA mineral shadow that I've received in an Ipsy bag. I was just as excited about this one as the other!


It's light and shimmer, but very pigmented and I hope to receive more of these in future bags!

Shimmer Powder #17 (Bronze) by MICA Cosmetics: $14.95/ea*



























I love trying new mascaras, so I was especially pleased to see this pint-sized sample in my bag this month! This mascara really delivers on its name. I'm super pleased with it and when I run out of my current mascara, I might just give it a go!


Lash Booster Mascara by PIXI Beauty: $17.00



























I have been coveting MT True Organics since I saw it on some YouTube channels. I love the natural aspect of this skincare line and am very pleased with this sample.


The JoJoba Charcoal scrub is soft, but effective at sloughing off dry patches, without over stimulating the skin. It has a pleasant smell and I really think it leaves my skin glowing! Be warned, however, this products is black and a can be a little startling at first use!

JoJoba Charcoal Scrub by Michael Todd True Organics: $18.00/3.4fl


**With Flash**
**Without Flash**
This is the second Urban Decay product I've gotten in an Ipsy bag. Urban Decay is my all time favorite high-end makeup brand, and I had been totally lusting after the new Revolution Lipsticks, so when I got one this month, I was of course ecstatic!

This lipstick is super pigmented. Like, electric. The color is bright, creamy and very long-lasting. I mean, I had it on for 15 minutes while swatching it on my lips, and it stained my lips until the next evening! I will be treating myself to a splurge on one of these lipsticks in the very near future!


Total Price for all full sized items: $87.95!

Is it possible for a service to keep getting better each month?! I honestly feel that I will be an Ipsy subscriber for a long, long time. It is a great way to try products that I may not have normally picked out for myself, and you know what? I've love 95% of everything I've received.

If you're thinking of becoming an Ipsy member, please use my link here. I do earn Ipsy points, which goes towards special bonuses in my bag, but if you become a member, you can earn them too!

As always, thanks for reading!

Note: This post was not sponsored in any way, shape or form by any products or brands mentioned above. If you and/or your company are interest in sponsoring a post, contact us!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog! It means a lot. If you have a blog, leave us the URL and we will check it out and probably even follow you! But please don't spam!
Thanks!