Friday, June 14, 2013

First Look: "From The Lab" Subscription Box


I know, I know. I have been completely lacking in the blogging department. I'm not going to give you any excuses, I just haven't felt focused and have been trying to re-structure and organize my life. I am actually in the process of outlining what i've been doing and hope to share it with you all soon!

In the meantime, I beg your forgiveness and hope you like this review/first impression/subscription book look!





So, I was contacted by the amazing team at Inside Beautiful and they were gracious enough to send me their monthly subscription box by From The Lab. (note: I was not compensated in any way, shape or form for my review of this product and providing my unbiased opinion)

Before I get to the good stuff, let me break down what Inside Beautiful and From The Lab are...

Inside Beautiful is a website and blog with podcasts, videos and so much more. Their tagline is, "No Bias. All Beauty. Get insider tips, the latest trends, and breaking news in beauty".

From The Lab is:

  • a monthly subscription box that will send you "up to three unique and innovative beauty selections" in color cosmetics, skin care or hair care products.
  • Products are full 30-day supply, not samples.
  • $19.95/mo* for a limited time (regular price: $29.95/mo)
  • There is a 100% money back, satisfaction guarantee as well.
So, I think that covers everything! Now, onto the fun stuff!

What's in the box?
  • Face Primer No. 327
  • Eyelift Primer No. 328

The product packaging was spot on. It looked very clean and medicinal, which is something I really like. The bottles are sturdy, and definitely not the cheap plastic stuff. There is .81oz of the Face Primer and .31oz of the Eyelift Primer. I feel that these amounts are generous, and I feel like I could use them both in a reasonable amount of time without fear of them drying up.

Here are some swatches...

Eyelift Primer No. 328:

I am really, really pleased with this primer. Even after wearing shadow all day, my eye still feels hydrated and the longevity of my shadows is greatly improved. The provided instructions make it simple to use and provide lots of information about the ingredients and what they do.

The whipped, velvety texture applies smoothly and is very light. I like also that it is tinted, it helps to conceal my veiny lid area.

Face Primer No. 327:

The face primer claims to be anti-aging, color correcting and pore minimizing. I can't really vouch for the anti-aging part, but I do feel like it keep my skin hydrated and doesn't flake up, like other primers i've used. I have discoloration all over and I do think that it helps my concealer a lot, i've noticed that I only need one layer instead of two when using the face primer. I have terrible, terrible pores, and I feel like the product lacks a little bit for me there. I usually use the NYX Pore Filler, and, while I do notice a few less pores, I don't think it smooths over them quite as well. It does, however, reduce the shine and keep it at bay for a long time.

It comes out a bit runny, but goes a long way and dries quickly. It's not heavy at all, and since the weather is warmer now, I've just been wearing it along with light concealer.

Verdict: (5/5) stars 

The packaging, product quality and wealth of information provided really pushes this subscription box above and beyond some others out there. If you're in the market for a new monthly subscription service, I highly suggest From The Lab. Make sure you lock in your $19.95/mo price ASAP!

A HUGE thanks again to the staff at Inside Beautiful for reaching out and allowing me to sample this service and these amazing products!
- Facebook - Glipho

(note: I am not affiliated in any way, shape or form with any company or product named above. These products were provided by Inside Beautiful/From The Lab but I was not compensated for this review. All opinions are my own. Thank you!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on our blog! It means a lot. If you have a blog, leave us the URL and we will check it out and probably even follow you! But please don't spam!
Thanks!